Friday, November 19, 2010

What Happened?

In Acts Paul talks about how Church is suppose to be, and what Christianity is all about. And “Christian” means Christ-Like. It has made me start thinking. It absolutely breaks my heart how far we are from Christ, and I have heard people in church say the church is a building and not the people. What happened? Where did it go wrong? And most importantly how do we fix it? Jesus love everyone, and I love how when the leaders in the “the church” asked Jesus what He thought about stoning the adulteress, and He said “Let any one of you who is without sin throw the first stone” (John 8:7) I love how we all know not one of us is without sin. And Jesus knew that too when he said it. I think that means, “Don’t judge anyone unless you are perfect”, (Which only Jesus is.) Jesus even went so far as to pray for forgiveness for the people who were nailing him to the cross. (That is an AMAZING example of love!) I probably would have been cursing like a sailor. And if that isn’t amazing enough, He did it for me and everyone. And he even died for the murderers and rapists, people how sell other human being into prostution, the people in Iraq, and He even died for the terrorists. I go WOW! I do not understand it, but you are God.
The one thing that gets me every time is that God even sent His son to be brutally  killed for the people who play church, the people who go to church on Sunday and talk about Jesus and how amazing he is (which he is) and say how we need to serve Him, and Him alone. Then Monday comes around and they serve the world with how they look, how they dress, and how they acted. And this is why the world is so messed up! It is the Church’s fault! It is my fault and your fault. What are we going to do about it? People are rejecting Jesus because they see us (So-called Christians), and they think we are hypocrites, and fakes. This isn’t how God intended it to be. He intended us to love EVERYONE no matter if they are homosexual, homeless, poor, murderers, someone who is a different color than us, or people from different countries. We have been called to love.  Galatians 5:6 says, “For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.”
I think God meant it doesn’t matter what you are: He has called us all the same and the past doesn’t matter. The truth is we are all stupid and deserve nothing, and I think it is important to know that. But at the same time God is telling us that, He is also saying, “You are beautiful, and I have hand-crafted you in my image. I love you, and I have a plan for you.” It is all pretty amazing! I most definitely do not understand how God loves me, but He does.
I’ve been reading Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne. It’s changed me life.
I love the quote that says, “I gave up Christianity in order to follow Jesus”. Christianity has become comfortable, and I do not think God meant it to be. We are supposed to be crazy for Christ. The Bible says “Friends, this world is not your home, so don't make yourselves cozy in it. Don't indulge your ego at the expense of your soul. Live an exemplary life among the natives so that your actions will refute their prejudices. Then they'll be won over to God's side and be there to join in the celebration when he arrives. 1 Peter 2:11-12”
What Happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment